The portal UI and overall branding was intended to:
- Cultivate a strong sense of community facilitating knowledge exchange and collaborative work.
- Act as an intellectual catalyst, housing lessons learned, post mortems, and SME lists
- Minimize duplication of effort, re-invention, and repeated mistakes
- Facilitate the development of mentorship relationships
- Increase Portal stickiness
- Solve Inconsistency and tediousness in information discovery and access
- Organize cumbersome dissemination of information by the engineers
- Provide corporate Branding
How Spadeworx Helped
The initiative by EEG, transformed the existing X-Box Intranet Portal into usable portal inlaid with relevant and contextual animations and suggestive interactivity. This further was aligned with the X-Box brand guidelines, making use of the x-Box logos, standard fonts and colour palette.
SpadeWorx, further aided in incorporating usability, making it performance oriented for the end-users, through enabling two innovative tools/features such as Navigator and Tracker, which were developed keeping the user base, their primary objectives, and usage pattern in mind.
The Navigator Tool assists the users to navigate through the portal with lesser refreshes and reloads. It provides them a one stop page view of the Subject Matter Experts, helps them gather information about the expert’s availability, area of function and current endeavours.
The tracker helped the end-users to add the SMEs to their favourites’ list and also get updates on the developments happening in the areas of interest either contributed by the SMEs.
- Salient features of the solution included.
- Natural Interactivity with the portal that the users could relate with.
- Rich and communicative user Interfaces.
- Customized Web-Parts ensured simplicity in usage patterns
Benefits For User
- Interactive UI and Branded themes led to the formation of a common platform for collaboration to build virtual communities, increasing belongingness to better relationships.
- The two complementary features of Navigator and tracker, helped to simplify the use of tools, libraries, documents, with not too many traverses back and forth, thereby befitting the end-user objectives with natural acceptance and usability.
- Increase in user stickiness and efficiency.