Unilever has over 1000 odd retail needs related to its operations across the globe and they lease out these properties from different providers. This was an annual process that was on paper and had to go through different approval cycles for leasing and payments. The scope of the application was to file a Lease request /application for the retail house’s properties across the globe.
How Spadeworx Helped
SpadeWorx conceptualized and developed a lease management application on SharePoint with multiple requests and approval metrics according to business rules and processes.
The application was processed by a 3 stage Workflow before being accepted or rejected. Rejected applications could not be resubmitted.
Scope for Testing:
- The scope for testing included Sanity testing, functional testing, and regression testing.
- Sanity testing was performed to qualify the builds for testing.
- End to end functional testing was performed on all the builds.
- Since there were small changes suggested by the client, they were handled along with the bug fixes and provided as a fresh build before UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
- All the defects were filed on TFS and retested before providing a sign-off for the client to perform UAT.
- Security testing was not part of the scope since the application was using SharePoint Secure Vault.
Benefits For User
A robust smooth flowing application replacing the existing excel based application.