ABG’s had implemented an intranet to provide various features and functionalities for its employees. As part of enhancing it further, ABG was planning to build a new site for their “Consumer Insights and Brand Development (CIBD)” Function.
While the entire presence of the new site was needed to be on earlier intranet,
- The learning piece of it i.e. the E-module and online test in ELM were required be in PeopleSoft.
- User Experience was needed to be of top-notch quality as it involved employees direct learning and content creation.
- The Need was to enable the single sign-in functionality which needed to allow the users move from the existing intranet academy site to learning site seamlessly.
How Spadeworx Helped
The scope of the project included
- Project Management.
- Detailed Requirements Analysis.
- Design & develop User Interface, as per the requirements
- Onsite presence of project members for user sessions during FRD Signed off
- Complete testing of the solution.
- Deploy the portal on Staging and production servers and guide ABG support team
- Provide support during the UAT period.
- Fixing any issues found during User Acceptance Testing.
- Coordination for Change Management
- Train the trainer.
SpadeWorx conceptualized SharePoint based Intranet portal to felicitate following objectives and scope needs.
- The learning site was planned to be a separate Site Collection to keep its individuality with scope of embedding it in the existing site based on Business requirement, making it a Sub Site of the main Intranet Site.
- SpadeWorx used the SharePoint 2013 OOTB Default forms for Admin inputs in most of the features such as About the Academy, Course / Certification Details, Customer Centricity Resources and Employee Engagement and Sub Sections,
- For content related to audio visual needs SpadeWorx utilized the SharePoint List and with the help of the OOTB Forms Admin could change the AV file. For displaying this AV file Asset library/HTML5/Display template default capability of SharePoint 2013 were used.
- Custom development was done for the Course Calendar / Upcoming Courses with user reviews, story boarding sessions and feedback to design wireframes and mock up screens.
- For storing the internal AV files SpadeWorx leveraged the Assets library and used the files/path wherever required in the site.
- Contest / Quiz / Survey OOTB features were used with UI changes. Employee participation and their views were incorporated using feedback and user interviews.
- I Have an Idea / Question were considered using Custom List to achieve the upload file functionality.
Technology Platform used in delivering the project was
SharePoint 2013 Environment
- Win2k12 64bit,
- MS Visual Studio,
- SP Designer,
- SP 2013 Server (Mar 16 CU),
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 – 11.0.5058.0 (X64)
Benefits For User
- Highly user engaging site which allowed learnings
- Gave facility for personalization of content and collaboration
- Feedback and reviews were incorporated in HCM solution suite for appraisals metrics.