Spencer is a plant manager at AquaPlus, a company that produces packaged drinking water. For his team of workers in the plant, he wants to get 50 masks from the back office COVID-19 response team. He connects with the response team via the mobile app to place the request and waits to receive the delivery. However, Spencer doesn’t receive any acknowledgment from the team regarding the request. The reasons for not receiving the acknowledgment may be multiple. Either the team has missed checking the backend system, or it might be in the queue along with other request emails. Besides, the response team might be busy juggling different requests leading to a lack of timely response or even the loss of request reference.
AquaPlus decides to integrate its request tracking system with Microsoft Teams. The Covid-19 Response team now receives immediate “Actionable” notification when there is a new request.
Now to connect with the Covid-19 response team, Spencer uses the same app. Still, this time the request details are delivered with actionable notification to the response team within the MS Team environment. The team could attend the request almost immediately because they received the request on their collaborative MS Teams environment. They were able to send an immediate response without leaving the environment.
- Spencer received the delivery on time
- AquaPlus created a productive workspace without dealing with any cumbersome process
- The seamless access to requests and responses helped response team enhance its customer experience
Organizations always strive to deliver successful results, and the success strongly depends on how we work together to perform tasks on time that efficiently connects all the team members. The workstream collaboration tools help us boost our productivity, improves teamwork, and work-satisfaction.
According to Gartner’s prediction, “the workstream collaboration market will reach $4.9 billion by 2021; by 2022, 70% of teams will rely primarily on workstream collaboration tools to get their work done every day.”
Why is workstream collaboration important?
The following facts can explain the rise of these collaborative platforms:
- Built for a specific objectiveIn the traditional methods, employees were provided with the tools and told to use those to get the work done. In contrast, workstream collaboration tools have been explicitly created to enable teams to get more done in less time by putting conversational aspects in the working scenarios.
- Built to avoid duplication of workThe search features on content and conversation of workstream collaboration tools are beneficial for employees to refer to specific scenarios and prevent the duplication of work.
- Built for the user experienceWorkstream collaboration has changed the way we communicate today. These applications understand the employees’ needs to perform tasks, share, communicate, gain seamless access to files via the mobile, desktop, web, which enhances user experience and utility.
- Built for a modern workplaceThe fast strides in technology have become a game-changer for organizations. And workstream collaboration will be the next step in this transformation.These platforms support advanced workflows, engage modern-day employees, and provide them with the tools they need to facilitate workflows, information, and conversation, resulting in better outcomes.Millennial workforce these days think technology will make face-to-face meetings unnecessary within the next few years, and business pioneers are already considering this preference to acquire and retain top talent and stay ahead of the competition.
How workstream collaboration saves time by reducing context switching?
Sometimes, employees need to juggle multiple tasks. For instance, one moment, they will be writing minutes of their previous meeting, and the next minute they will be dropped into an urgent meeting to resolve a production bug. That is how they are frequently switching between different contexts. Especially in the case of managers – they need to attend around 10+ meetings a day and receive the maximum number of texts, emails, and phone calls.
Due to multiple responsibilities to fulfill, they don’t have an uninterrupted work schedule. Hence, it becomes challenging to keep a handle on various tools and communication mediums used to work.
Here’s how workstream collaboration can help. Let’s take another example of Microsoft Teams.
It’s a shared workspace that brings various collaboration and communication solutions within O365 into a dedicated workspace. It integrates with the existing system and solutions from Microsoft and third-party merchants to enable quicker and smarter working. It’s all delivered in a reliable manner, which improves system performance, manageability, and compliance.
Increasing implementation and usage of MS Teams helps improve information access and makes employees available to focus on useful tasks. Thus, it reduces operating costs, increases time-to-market, and promotes innovation.
Integration of MS Teams with existing systems
MS Teams is more than just messaging; it’s a platform with three options for integration into a work hub:
- Tabs: allows team members to access services and content in a dedicated space within a channel or in a chat.
- Cards: a user-interface (UI) container for short or related pieces of information.
- Bots: allow users to interact with your web service through text, interactive cards, and task modules.
The platform makes it easy to integrate into LOB apps and services within Teams. You can connect several existing apps and services, including Office apps, and combine them directly to your MS Teams experience. It results in enhanced productivity, informed decision making, increased focus by reducing context switching, and creating engaged collaboration around existing workflows.
Build custom solutions on top of MS Teams
MS Teams helps you create advanced custom solutions to address every team’s unique needs and helps your customers generate their desired business results.
There are 3 top scenarios by which you can build custom solutions:
- Extend current solutions into Teams
- Build no-code/low-code solutions
- Deliver industry-relevant solutions
Whichever scenario you choose to build the solution, it must align with the ongoing customer challenges.
Leverage the power of AI
MS Teams enables your employees to add AI capabilities to the apps they build and use. The prebuild AI scenarios such as sentiment analysis, language detection, text recognition, entity extraction, business card reader, and many more can boost employee productivity.
The capabilities of Azure AI, AI Builder for Power platform, lets you build a no-code model and add value to your smart business apps using your data in O365 and D365.
How can workstream collaboration unleash the true potential of an organization?
Despite the situations, workstream collaboration will drive your processes and communications, resulting in tangible benefits throughout the business. Rather than making employees collect temporary solutions, employing a real workstream collaboration tool is a chance to bring everyone together for successful outcomes.
Undoubtedly, now is the time to adapt to the modern workplace. It’s a collective effort, and the rise of customizable collaboration tools signifies that we are just about to unravel an organization’s true potential.
Written by – Mandar Bhagwat, CTO, SpadeWorx Software Services